Re: ratings

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 16:05:38 -0500 "Aaron 'Bishop' Read"
<aread@speakeasy.net> writes:
> At 01:37 PM 1/20/2002 -0500, Hakim Madjid wrote:
>
> >Dave Faneuf wrote:
> >
> > >AHHHHHHHHHHHHh....Hit by friendly fire......ahhhhhhhhhhh...;-)))
> > >BTW you don't have to wait until 1am to hear the Beeb any longer,
> we begin
> > >taking the Beeb at 11pm on week nights.
> > >My best to Spot
> > >df
> >
> >So no repeat of Fresh Air at 11pm anymore, huh?
> >73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)
>
> No Marketplace anymore either, apparently.  What's up with that??
> :-(

After September 11th WBUR began offering Special Coverage to not only the
local market but it's put up on the bird as well, it still is. (briefly
WNYC and KQED were involved and the program went to 1am but their parts
of the show were not very good and were dropped after a couple of days)
I have no idea how many stations carry it but regardless in order to keep
Marketplace on the air they would have to take the 6 or 6:30 feed and
they did not want to cut ATC short so Marketplace went away.
df