The Ws and the Ks, again

<<On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:10:18 -0500, "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> Other Western Ws I can think of off the top of my head are WACO. WOW, WKY,
> WWLS, WJAG, WHB, WBAP, and WOAI. There are quite a few others, even if you
> don't count any stations in MN or LA.

WOW no longer exists; it's now KOMJ.

WOAI is the westernmost W, and also the birthplace of Clear Channel
(the company).

The westernmost W A/F/T combo is WIBW in Topeka.  I think the
westernmost A/F without TV is probably WNAX in Yankton.  I think the
rest of those that you mentioned are AM-only.  There's an FM-only
three-letter W in Texas (WRR Dallas); I can't think of any TV-only
western Ws, but I wouldn't be surprised by one.

-GAWollman