Re: WMCM

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cooper Fox" <fox893@yahoo.com>
To: "Dan Billings" <dib9@gwi.net>; "Radio Listserv"
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: WMCM

> Hey thanks,
>    I should know that already.  WVOM, B97, and Kiss
> 94.5 are all owned by Clear Channel....  Any idea as
> to whether theya re or aren't simulcasting the morning
> show from WMCM?

I don't think so.  WMCM is classic country (with the Real Country satellite
service) and the morning show is the only local show on the station and it
is very local with lots of Rockland area mentions, news and info.
Yesterday, they were all over the storm and the major power outages in that
area.  I suppose they could simulcast the WMCM morning show on their Bar
Harbor area country station (Lucky 99?),  but I don't think they are doing
that.  I think 93.5 out of Fairfield is also Classic Country.  When I was in
that area in December, 93.5 was automated with no jocks.  I think that
station is owned by Clear Channel.  A 93.5 // 103.3 simulcast might make
sense in an attempt to cover the midcoast and Augusta markets.

I hope they make no major changes to WMCM.  I really like the format.  The
station is listenable on my car radio until around the Portland/Falmouth
line.  WODS starts to interfere in Portland.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine