Re: WBZ-FM "Rockin' Stereo 106.7"

Richard Chadwick wrote:

>I remember hearing some song with voice tracks recorded right on the carts
>- same talk up each time it played!!!  Gold Dust Woman by Fleetwood Mac
>sticks out the most.

This was pretty common on automated stations of the era.  As I recall, the
Hitparade format (re: WROR thread) had song intros recorded as part of the
song.  They were just generic title & artist intros, maybe mentioning
Hitparade (by necessity as it was a syndicated service).  WCGY used a
service well into the 80s (from TM I think) that played 2 songs back to
back which were backsold together ("the Eagles' Already Gone AND Debbie
Boone, You Light Up My Life").  I recall hearing stations using this
approach even in the mid 80s in some smaller markets.