Re: your opinion on an ethical issue

The only way any family member could bring a claim against the newspaper
for publishing a picture taken: a. in a public place and b. for a
legitimate news purpose is if the picture somehow slandered the kid. The
Globe may be sloppy, and publishing the picture itself proves how sloppy
they are, but unless the caption said that the kid did something he
didn't, the paper is fully protected.

That said, nothing would stop anyone from suing the Globe for any reason.
That's your right, if you want to waste your money and have your case
thrown out the moment it gets before a judge. It's the American way!

--Scott--