Re: your opinion on an ethical issue

In the words of Jim Thistle, former tv news director and current
instructor on all things news-related at Boston University - you never
show a minor's face unless that minor himself is accused of a crime.
His reasoning, with which I agree, is that the image of a minor on
televison can cause great harm to that minor down the road.

For example, you show a minor who is testifying against an alleged
mollestor. He then gets identified by someone in his class, or on his
block, or in the street, and the stigma is magnified.

Things get a little iffy in this case, though. Everyone knows who the kid
is by virtue of his last name. Still, I'd have to side with the general
rule (practiced by the TV stations) and not show his face.

--Scott--
whose 4 years at BU trained him to be a TV newsman even though he works in
radio.