RE: Talk Radio - Adam's quest to be on the air...

Well, don't hold your breath until you get an answer
from those stations--unless your parents tell you that
they think that blue would be an especially attractive
skin color on you. No medium market program director in
his/her right mind will take a chance until you have
experience on the Web or on a college station or at a
station in a smaller market. As somebody already
suggested, a brokered-time station, such as WALE, is a
possibility--if your folks have a few grand that they
want to spend helping you to get this out of your system.

You really need to try your wings with a show on the
Web. That would surely test and hone your ability
extemporize and to develop monologues. Both of those
capabilities are absolutely necessary in a talk-show
host, unless the station format allows you to chicken
out and play some music or comedy cuts when nobody calls
and you can't think of anything else to say. Few talk
formats allow such ploys, however.

I think you have seriously underestimated the difficulty
of what you want to do and the idea of trying to do a
three or four-hour program with no demonstrated ability
to do even a one-hour show just comes across as youthful
naivete.

In some of your exchanges on this list, you've
demonstrated that you are thin-skinned and that your ego
is easily bruised. Those are qualities that you
absolutely must totally expunge from your character
before you have any hope of keeping your sanity while
doing a talk show. Every time a talk host opens the
microphone, he/she is sticking his/her head into the
lion's mouth.

If you express annoyance with my comments, you merely
demonstrate the validity of my points!
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205