Re: 60's Bubblegum vs. 70's Bubblegum (was Re: WODS jingles, songs-in-a-row)

> Dan wrote:
> >>The post that I responded to mentioned 70's bubblegum/disco,
> which to me brings to mind mid and late 70's music which is different from
> the Archies.<<
>
> Chuck asked:
> so does that mean the Cassidys, Osmonds, Jacksons, and subsequent
siblings,
> as well as those legendary groups such as First Class, DeFranco Family, KC
&
> Sunshine Band, et al were perhaps less animated than the Archies?

No, but in my mind, I associate the Archies sound with late 60's pop and put
the acts that you mention into a class of 70's music to be hopefully
forgotten.

> Still brings to mind that age old debate:  Betty or Veronica.  (don't rush
me...
> I'm old now.  I can take my time with some things.)

That's easy: Betty.

Next question: Ginger or Mary Anne?

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine