Re: when oldies stations drop the 50s...

I think you take this entirely too personally.  It's not as if the "Happy
Days Era" never existed...it's that the Happy Days Era folks are now
grandparents...

Same thing happenned to WJIB when they could only sport 55+ audience.

And the same thing is happening to WRKO...giving up intelligent thoughtful
political talk in favor of "Young Talk"....(i.e..this 'sucks'...that
'sucks'...)

If WODS is to survive in an increasingly tough marketplace (ad
dollars)....then they need to be an attractive buy to the ad agencies.  And
most consumers are over 25 (when they settle down and start making a
home)....and under 55 (when they start to slow down and buy things less.

Look in Barry & Eliot's store and see if you see any 55+'s there.

Face it...when you have the 25-54 audience...you can pitch your spots to
almost ANY advertiser.

If your audience is over 55 or under 25 you have to be much more selective
about what advertiser you can pitch.

(Haven't we had this discussion before?) ;-)

JP