RE: WODS jingles, songs-in-a-row

On 5 Jan 2002 at 7:55, Bob Nelson...WMWM wrote:

> I wonder if those who like 50s/early 60s, as opposed
> mid-to-late 60s/70s, have now abandoned WODS for
> news/talk stations (WRKO, WTKK, WBZ), sports (WEEI,
> WWZN), or a station like WPLM...

I haven't abandoned it entirely, but I listen to it a lot less now.  They
still play some songs I like, especially during "Back Seat Music" on
weeknights.

Instead of WODS, I'm listening a lot more to the adult standards
stations, mostly WJIB, but also WXKS and WJDA.  Since Bob re-worked his
format recently, he's been playing a lot of the pre-Beatles pop songs
that I like.  I'm often surprised and delighted when I listen to WJIB and
hear a song from my high school years.

I haven't listened to WODS's "Blue Plate Special" lately, but I'll bet
they no longer use the intro with Buffalo Bob and Howdy Doody that they
were using a few years ago.