Re: WODS jingles, songs-in-a-row

"Eli Polonsky" wrote:
> Bob Nelson wrote
> > So, does it seem like WROR and WODS are trying to woo each other's
listeners?

> The big difference is that WROR plays absolutely no black artists
except for
> an occasional rock crossover such as Sly & The Family Stone or a Jimi
> Hendrix hit once in a blue moon. This is generally true of Classic
Rock
> (rather than Oldies) formatted stations.

> WODS plays the biggest Motown hits often and hits of other major black
> artists such as Aretha Franklin.

Strange, I was listening to Oldies 103.3 today (while driving to the
grocery store)
and while listening to "Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get" by The Dramatics,
the same
thought struck me -  I never hear black music on WROR (used to on
Saturday
nights with JJ, though.)

Also, Oldies 103.3 has galloped boldly into the 70's.  I heard "Jackie
Blue " by the
Ozark Mountain Daredevils for the second time in 48 hours.  If I'm not
mistaken,
the Dramatics song (see above) would have only appeared on the Thursday
night
countdown until now.

> The original late 60's Drake top-of-hour ID is definitely gone from
WODS
> now.  There's a whole new "Greatest Hits Of All Time" ID and jingle
package,
> with many "twelve-in-a-row" liner jingles during the hour.
Mike Finnegan almost gave away a secret when he tried to ad-lib about
the new
12-in-a-row thing.  It sounded like he almost started to say "we've
always played
12 in a row, but now we're hyping it", but caught himself and tried talk
his way out
of it.