Re: History of 1570AM Beverly

> Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 10:36:30 -0500
> From: "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
> Subject: Re: History of 1570AM Beverly
>
> WNTN signed on sometime after WMLO. My guess for WNTN is 1966.

I recall WNTN signing on in very early 1968. Their West Newton transmitter
blew away the old 1510 WMEX on my el-cheapo Radio Shack transistor radio
from where I grew up three miles away in Newtonville and I had to buy a
better radio.

WMEX was weak in that area anyway due to the directional pattern from their
Quincy transmitter not going into the west suburbs very well.

WNTN still sometimes faintly inducts into the office end of the two-way
radio system of a taxi company I work at in West Newton.

Eli Polonsky