WRNI

I rarely see any postings on this list from Rhode Island
correspondents. If anyone from the Ocean State
(expecially someone from the northwest part of
Providence or thereabouts) is lurking, I have a question.

WRNI 1290 has apparently been running 10 kW at night for
quite a few months. If I remember correctly, the new
night pattern and power require one of the array's three
towers to be about 30 ft from its nearest neighbor,
which is still used in the day array and has to stay
where it has always been. As far as I know, the towers
are guy supported and are just under 200' high. Putting
two guy-supported towers so close to each other, though
not impossible, sounds tricky (guy wires crossing very
close to each other, etc).

At first I thought that the idea was to get the night
array working at 10 kW and then apply for 10 kW-D using
the same three towers as are in the new night array.
But, apparently, that isn't what will happen (or isn't
what has already happened). WRNI has been granted a CP
for 10 kW-D using the original three towers. So can
anyone tell us whether the WRNI site now has four
towers, two of which are very close together? If so, did
construction of the fourth tower make it necessary to
take down the nearby existing tower and construct a
replacement having guy anchors at points different from
those used for the original tower?

--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205