Re: WCSH signing off

Chris Beckwith wrote:
>Channel 6 signed off this morning right after Conan.  The WCSH6 website
(which is riddled with broken links and is
>perpetually under construction) indicates that their broadcasting day begins
>with the NEWS CENTER Morning Report at 5AM.  Could any of our Bangor-market
>correspondents let us know if Channel 2 doing the same thing?

I wonder if we'll start seeing more of this if the economy remains soft.
In any but the major markets is there really enough audience to justify
every tv and radio station to broadcast 24/7?  Until the mid-70s or so, it
wasn't uncommon for small & medium market stations to sign off overnights.