Re: No more FOX in upstate NH

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Weil" <kc1ih@mediaone.net>
To: "Dan Billings" <dib9@gwi.net>; "Paul Anderson"
<plandrsn@ma.ultranet.com>; "Boston Radio Interest List"
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2001 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: No more FOX in upstate NH

> WMUR is not the only TV station in NH, we also have WNDS, and the
> transmitter of WMTW is in NH.  And I would never count on cable systems to
> do something just because it seems to make sense.

Cable systems carry local stations because it is good business.  One of
things that has held up satellite TV has been the lack of local stations.  I
can't imagine a cable system in New Hampshire that would not want to carry
WMUR.  Dropping the station could cost them subscribers.

WMTW's tower may be on Mt. Washington, but it is a Maine station with an
increasing focus on Maine news.  Also, WMTW will at some point be moving to
their new tower near Sebago Lake.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine