WMTW radio switching to all news

The Portland Press Herald reports today that WMTW is dropping all the local
and national talk shows that they currently carry, except for their morning
talk show, and will now be all news.

http://www.portland.com/news/local/011222radio.shtml

WMTW management says the move is in response to listener feedback, but it
sounds like a cost cutting move to me.  You would think that they would have
waited a few weeks to get the results of the Fall Arbitron ratings, the
station's first complete book, before making such a move, but we're talking
about WMTW management so nothing should surprise me.  When WMTW radio went on
the air in May, I predicted that the station would be a failure, but the
project has been even less successful than I anticipated.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine