Re: WMTW radio switching to all news

At 07:39 AM 12/22/01 -0500, Dib9@aol.com wrote:
>The Portland Press Herald reports today that WMTW is dropping all the local
>and national talk shows that they currently carry, except for their morning
>talk show, and will now be all news.
>
>http://www.portland.com/news/local/011222radio.shtml
>
>WMTW management says the move is in response to listener feedback, but it
>sounds like a cost cutting move to me.

If they are going to have real local news coverage 24/7, there will not be
any cost savings there, all news is very expensive to produce, so I've been
told.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out much of the day was from CNN, with
pre-recorded local inserts twice an hour.

---
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH