Genial reporter knew value of a ladder

The link below will take you to a guest column in today's Portland Press
Herald remembering Bob Elliot, which was written by our own Chuck Igo!

http://www.portland.com/viewpoints/mvoice/011221bob.shtml

The column is very well written and strikes an appropriate chord at this time
of year.  It's worth you time to read.

The column reminded me of a story Bob told me, off the air, when he was
filling in on the morning show on WGAN back in 1992 when the Gennifer Flowers
story first broke.  Bob was a reporter at a Little Rock TV station in the
1970's when Bill Clinton was Governor.  One night, Bob found himself at a
party attended by the Governor and Clinton tried to pick up Bob's date.

One of the great things about Bob was that he was the same nice guy off the
air as he was on.  That's unfortunately not always the case.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine