listener survey

    not that i'm saying someone who might be a
contributor to the list might actually fall into a
tenuous category to those of us on the BRI list-serve...
that of someone asked by an entity to participate in a
random survey of possible radio listenership.
   my mind is fuzzy, but is not a survey participant who
reveals his/her active involvement supposed to avoid
mentioning this fact to broadcasters who might try to
curry favor in this regard?
   i know that as a broadcaster, i'm technically
supposed to make known to the survey company in question
if a survey participant approaches me in order to see if
there's anything "in it for them" regarding their
potential for favorable mentions in the survey of my
place of employment.
    additionally, i am supposed to avoid all direct
contact with a known participant so as to avoid even the
perception of impropriety.
     but am i supposed to also acknowledge the fact that
a survey participant has made him/her self known to a
group of broadcasters?  even though in this case it's
just a very well-spoken individual who is, more than
likely like the rest of us, very curious to see how
his/her listening habits might effect a final survey
period's outcome.
   by NO MEANS am i even going to attempt to question
the list member-in-particular's integrity.  my own
dealings with him, on and off-list, have always been
collegial and courteous, as well as professional.
   i'm curious only as some stations around the country
have been de-listed because of dealings and/or contact
with survey participants.

- -Chuck Igo