Webcasting & Royalties

I just received this digest in my NewsScan Daily.

"GROUPS REACH TENTATIVE DEAL ON WEBCAST ROYALTIES
Attorneys representing radio broadcasters, record labels and music artists
have signed a tentative settlement in an ongoing dispute over whether radio
broadcasters owe additional royalty payments when they put their stations'
programming online. If the deal is finalized, it could be an important step
toward resolving the tangle of legal issues surrounding online music..."

The full story is at:
http://interactive.wsj.com/articles/SB1008547645508673600.htm

WSJ.com is a subscriber only site, though you can register for a trial subscription.

Tony Abruzzese                  e-mail: abruzzese@biochem.bumc.bu.edu
Network Administrator                         Biochemistry Department
              Boston University School of Medicine
Telephone:617.638.5092                               Fax:617.638.5339