Re: "The Lost 45s with Barry Scott" moves to Oldies 103.3!

> Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 10:33:01 -0500
> From: SteveOrdinetz <steveord@wavewizard.com>
> Subject: Re: "The Lost 45s with Barry Scott" moves to Oldies 103.3!
>
> Eli Polonsky wrote:

>> With WODS now dropping 50's and moving into 70's soft-rock and mainstream
>> disco hits, I'd be curious what kind of a showing a local 50's/early 60's
>> oldies rocker would do in Boston now. We'll probably never know, but
>> Steve's original post starting this thread was speculating that perhaps the
>> time may be coming for such stations, and not everyone has XM yet or can
>> listen to webcasts everywhere.
>
> Or feels the need for it.  I must be one of the remaining 17 people in New
> England who still doesn't have cable.  Would be nice for high-speed
> internet, but it's frankly not worth the going rate.  IMHO ditto for XM.

I just replaced my old 100 mHz Mac with a good deal on a used PowerMac G3.
What a difference! I'm still on dialup myself, but it's much faster than the
old one with the same 56k modem, and I can hear all webcasts now, including
the ones from XM satellite. My old Mac would not run the newest version of
Real Player or run Media Player at all, which is necessary for the XM casts.
I hope to eventually load ProTools and make a home DAW out of the this one.

> The all-new, ever-newer pseudo-WMEX seems to be very pre-British Invasion
> heavy.  If they only made the presentation a little less boring, who knows?

Well, how much can you do with jockless automation? Jackson does plan to
have a live morning drive starting sometime next year, but nothing beyond
that yet. I do like the variety of oldies I've heard on it.

Since he went up to 6000 watts ERP, it comes in down the MA North Shore
listenably to Swampscott, and if I get away from the adjacent WMJX
interference five to ten miles from the Pru I hear it fighting in the
background in spots here in the Boston north and west suburbs.

Eli Polonsky