Re: Tom Hennessey?

Dan noted (while driving home from work after giving up
the opportunity to schmooz at the annual radio holiday
bash; he was the Man who stepped up to handle 6 (SIX)
stations while everyone else went to the company confab):
> I tuned into 107.5 WTHT on my way home from work and
heard a familiar voice that I am convinced is former
longtime WPOR PD and afternoon host Tom Hennessey.  He's
using the name Tom Day, but he doesn't have me fooled.
The last that I knew, he was selling insurance.  Does
anyone know how long he has been there?  What's the
scoop?  Seems like a waste to have him on weekend
overnights since he's a better jock and better known
than everyone else on the station.<<

Yes, Dan.  Tom Day and Tom Hennessey are the same guy.
Tom's new-found career after a very note-worthy radio
stint (um, like 20 years at WPOR alone, until a certain
company that had a party last night bought WPOR...) is
indeed insurance.  you may have heard his spots on ALL
of the WMTW group stations.  in lieu of an insulting
hourly wage to voice-track the overnight shift, Tom
takes it out in "trade" for his commercials.  it works
well for him, and it benefits a station that's on the
edge of realizing its potential.  (of course, knowing
radio management as well as we do, it'll never get to
achieve a solid apex.)

- -Chuck Igo (no. didn't go to the party, either.  had
to work til 7 then look forward to a 1 am alarm to make
back down to Boston)