From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of
dan.strassberg@att.net
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 2:58 PM
To: Garrett Wollman
Cc: Norm Rosen; boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: 'RKO changes

For sure, nothing can be done at night. During the day,
I don't think there would be any first-adjacent problems
(the closest first adjacent is WADS 690 in Ansonia CT),
and it's hard to imagine second-adjacent problems with
either WFAN or WCAT. So perhaps the day pattern could be
let out somewhat--albeit not a huge amount--to the west.

First-adjacent protection requirements are tighter now
than they were in the 40s, but second-adjacent
groundwave protection requirements are looser, and there
has been no change that I know of in third-adjacent
protections.

On the other hand, despite WEEI's 207-degree towers and
a site that is farther west (and also farther south)
than WRKO's, WEEI seems to have a noticeably poorer
signal than WRKO along the Mass Pike west of 495.
Moreover, if you look at the patterns, WRKO's daytime
signal in its minor lobes to the west looks as if it is
actually supposed to be a bit weaker than WEEI's in the
same direction.