Re: WODS Observations

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 04:01:48 -0500 Aaron Read <aread@speakeasy.net>
writes:
> At 05:20 PM 12/9/01 -0500, Roger Kirk wrote:
> >Why move out of Soldiers Field Road?  They JUST moved in.
> >Quo vadis?
> >

> They're moving into the UPN building at the corner next to the north
> side
> of the Market St. Bridge in Brighton.  It's right down the road from
> the
> Soldier's Field Road location.   I have no idea WHY they're doing
> it...except maybe space considerations, or maybe the SFR location
> was
> always meant to be temporary?

No, SFR was not meant to be temporary considereing that WODS still had 9
years left on it's lease on Winter Street when Westinghouse
(pre-Infinity) decided it would be fun to have everyone under the same
roof.  It's my understanding they took a real bath on the price per
square foot they got for sub-leasing Winter Street, in addition they had
to return Winter Street to the condition it was in before WODS moved in,
so the move to SFR was not necessary and was very expensive.

df