Re: Woody Woodland, Glen Beck and WGIR

RadioTony@aol.com wrote:

>Everyone I have spoken to since his firing on Nov. 2nd says the same
thing: Beck is terrible and they want the local host back.

Sometimes it takes a while for a new host to be accepted, especially if
he/she has a drastically different style than what they replaced.  When we
started airing Mike Gallagher last spring on WKXL we had a number of
complaints.  Stands to reason--when you replace a folksy
be-careful-not-to-offend-anyone host with one who is intentionally
controversial and in-your-face, you're gonna stir things up.  Eventually,
listeners got used to him, and he (Gallagher) attracted his own audience.
I personally find Beck entertaining, and hope he does well up here.