Re: stations still using carts

WMBR still has cart machines and some carts, but they're definitely
headed towards extinction.  PSAs now come in on CDs, and we've been
putting those CDs right in the studios for quite a few years now (better
sound quality and less space).  Most local band music we receive is
already burned on to CD as well.  For everything else (promos, sound
effects, other spot-type stuff), we now have DigiCart machines in the
new air studio - such a vast improvement over the old carts that it isn't
even funny.

I won't be shedding any tears when we finally pull the old cart machines
out.

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu