Re: More: Re: [BC] C-NET programming begins on WBPS 12/1/01 at about 3:15 PM EST

Dan Strassberg wrote on Wednesday, December 05, 2001 11:21 PM:

> I'm not sure where Petersham is, but if the reason that WBPS was operating
> on night pattern during the day for part of November was the installation
of
> the modified day pattern (for which the CP was issued a couple of years
> ago), the new day pattern could be the reason. The new day pattern has a
> small but substantial lobe to the west, most likely with the intent of
> covering Worcester. There are a few reasons for the narrow day
> pattern--protecting WMVU, protecting WCBS, probably protecting WLS from
> daytime skywave, and delivering the maximum possible signal to Boston. The
> day pattern is actually a bit narrower than the night pattern, which
> protects only WLS.

Petersham is one of the western-most towns in the 978 area code.  It's just
below Route 2, in between the towns of Barre and New Salem, and is quite
close to the northern part of the Quabbin Reservoir.  Here in Amherst, I get
WBPS on my car radio.  It's very listenable, but I can also hear WCBS in
back of it.