Re: News Story

Rod wrote:
>WDEA 1370 stopped local sports 2 winters ago. I was told recently by one
>of the Cumuus staffers it was because they couldn't find anybody to work
>the control board and coordinate the remotes.

I find this comment mystifying.  I consulted WDEA/WWMJ during the late
80/early 90s, and even though it was in Ellsworth, 25 long miles from
Bangor (with no expressway or high speed highway access), we always could
find people to work.  Okay, maybe they weren't the next incarnation of Curt
Gowdy, but they were live humans who were eager to work in radio.  The
Cumulus comment sounds a bit disingenuous to me.