Re: Good Hub FM Raception

At 1:13 AM -0500 11/26/01, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

>I think Boston-area FM stations must be more powerful now than they
>were when I was a student
>at UMass in the mid-1960s.  These days, I can get a number of
>Boston-area FM stations on my
>car radio.  Back then, I couldn't get any.  But WFCR reached to at
>least the Western suburbs.

Also realize that car FM radios now are much better than they were
back then.  And while not many stations are running higher power now
than they were then, most have converted to circular polarization
antennas since then, which makes for better reception on car radios.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH