RE: digital tv

At 08:23 AM 11/22/01 +0000, Jeremy Mixer wrote:

>I guess I am a little confused then. Aren't the digital cable converter
>boxes converting the digital channels from digital to analog?

Yes, but Digital TV is a totally different thing.  Yes Digital TV and
Digital Cable both include the word Digital, but that's about the only
similarity.  Digital Cable is a bit more similar to DirecTV or Dish
Network, in that they are using digital encoding to transmit what starts
out as an analog signal, where in Digital TV the signal is Digital all the way.

I hope this hasn't caused more confusion.  If I have, perhaps someone who
is better with words could help me out (please!).

---
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH