RE: digital tv

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Larry Weil wrote:

> > > What digital TV needs is some programming that isn't as good in analog
> > TV -- something hot that
> > > people will want to buy digital TV in order to watch.
> >
> >I think this is already happening, things like Vh1 Classic, MTVX (rock
> >videos) are only available where I live in Bangor via digital cable. And
> >premium channels like HBO, etc are only available via digital cable.
>
> I think we are talking about two different animals here.  Digital cable is
> converted to analog before it gets to your TV, totally different from
> digital TV.

I guess I am a little confused then. Aren't the digital cable converter
boxes converting the digital channels from digital to analog? Granted I
see that the actual Digital television sets are a completely different
issue here.....but really, as time goes on, the conversion will be made.
it is something new and different and a lot more expensive.....and really,
the benefits are few. I guess you could make more benefits of owning
digital television, but I know from my own standpoint, I see no need to
buy a digital television when i can buy an analog television for half the
price.