Re: More changes at WMTW

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terrence M Wood" <tmv207@mediaone.net>
To: <Dib9@aol.com>; <kc1ih@mediaone.net>;
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 9:47 PM
Subject: Re: More changes at WMTW

> Dan, maybe if we get a more moderate hosts, we will get more intelligent
> listeners.  The ditoheads have had their say for the last 10 years, now it
> is time for those in the center to maybe have some voice on the air.  I
> don't see thses two as liberals or conservatives, but as hosts to the
> publice airwaves and moderators of the conversations.  Maybe Nemitz will
> bring moderation into talk radio, unlike most of the hosts on talk radio
in
> Maine and Mass.

Moderation is boring.

Public radio has the boring demographic locked up.

The only thing in the middle of the road are yellow stripes and dead
armadillos, or in the case, failed talk show hosts.

I don't see how anyone that reads Bill Nemitz regularly can call him a
moderate or a centrist.  That label better fits George Campbell, the guy he
is replacing.  By the way, as I said in my first post on this subject, I
think adding Nemitz is a plus.  I just think the show would have a better
chance to be successful with someone to the right of center to provide some
balance.

I think you can have intelligent conversation with people with sharply
divergent views.  The old "Ted & Janet" show on WRKO did that very well.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine