Re: internet spots

At 02:51 PM 11/20/01 -0800, Cooper Fox wrote:

>I remember the radio versions of those Dig Generation
>systems.  They were ugly gray boxes with controls and
>a display screen built into them.  Those ran directly
>off a phone line, tho.

Well, ours is black, but you are correct about the built in screen.  I am
told that these things are running Linux as their OS.  The nice thing about
these is it can be directly controlled by a Louth Media Client, meaning
spots can be directly dubbed to disk without using tape as an intermediary,
as we do have to do with the VYVX system.
---
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH