Re: internet spots

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 Chuckigo@att.net wrote:

>    yeah.  here in Portland, the radio stations have been
> using one central location (a web-based server) to park
> and pick-up spots instead of sending out dupes.  a lot
> of stations also get their spots e-mailed.
>   i have a buddy with an audio production company, Chuck
> Morgan of Morgan Media, who sends out, probably, ninety
> percent of his audio as an mp3 file, either directly e-
> mailed to clients or parked onto a spot-pickup server.
>    in addition, services such as DGS still send spots
> directly from clients/agencies to dedicated station
> terminals.

I don't know too much about where spots come from at WKIT since I don't do
too much with them (other tehn an occaisional dub for some syndicated
show) but I know there are the email addressesfor the Q and Kiss 94.5 for
emailing spots, and I assume those two work for any of the other Cumulus
or Clear Channel stations in the area. THere is also this computer looking
box (I don't even know what it is called) that has a screen on it with a
list of all kinds of spots that it downloads and you can record them into
Scott Studios from there, and by the looks of it I think this is how most
national spots come (such as Pizza Hut spots or things like that) I do not
know what this is called...when I worked for Cumulus I do not recall
seeing one of these there, however it could have been in someone's office
for all I know.

Amazing how much technology has saved so much space from the walls and
boxes filled with reels with spots on them, all labeled by whatever
station dubbed them. Are there even any companies any more who still use
reels to distribute spots?

As I said, I really don't do much in this area which is why I am clueless
about it.

Jeremy