Re: internet spots

At 02:40 PM 11/20/01 -0800, Cooper Fox wrote:

>I just got word from my supervisor that from now on we
>will npo longer be recieving the bulk of our national
>spots from CDs.  They are all going to be available on
>a company website where we can download them.  Is this
>SOP at a lot of stations now?  I have never heard of
>this practice even tho it does make a lot of sense and
>I have wondered if this was going to be happening
>sometime soon.

Here at Channel 7, we receive commercials a number of ways.  We still get a
fair amount on tape, both Betacam and 1 inch formats.  We have two digital
systems by which we receive spots, one from Digital Generation, and one
from Williams VYVX.  The only thing we still receive on 3/4 inch tape are
PSA's.
---
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH