Re: Evidently, WMass don't matter

On 17 Nov 2001 at 17:55, Patriotsrule417@prodigy.net wrote:

> I am really angered by the fact that whenever I post something about
> Western Massachusetts, not one person on this darn list cares one bit. No
> one ever replies, when you see "Springfield" or "Western Mass" you just hit
> the delete button. Just like the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority and the
> government of our state, raising tolls and taxes for Western Massachusetts
> for things that need to be done in the Eastern part of the state.

Adam, I spent four years at UMass, and I still like to go out there (I was there this weekend for
the UMass-URI football game, then went stargazing at the Amherst College Observatory.).  I
know that people in Western Mass often think they get short shrift from people in the east and
from state government.

This goes back to Daniel Shays' Rebellion, which you have probably learned about in school.
Hell, it goes back to the Revolution, when the towns of Berkshire County had their own rebellion
against the state government in Boston.

I, for one, read with interest your reports on stations in Western Mass, though I don't usually
have much to say about them.  I've also given my own reports on stations I've heard when I've
been out there (I usually take along a laptop computer and do e-mail from my hotel room.).

But the name of this list is "Boston Radio Interest."  There are people from other places here,
and we talk about stations in Maine, Albany, etc. -- and Western Masachusetts.  But Boston is
the center of the list.

Also, just because no one responds to your postings doesn't mean they aren't appreciated.  I
read many things with interest, but I only respond when I have something to say.

Besides, a lot of people responded to your grousing about the lack of a Patriots outlet in Western
Mass.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
  15 Court Square, Suite 210                      lawyer@attorneyross.com