Re: Fwd: Re: WMEX Schedule in the 60's

On 15 Nov 2001 at 14:14, Donna Halper wrote:

> By the way, Mel is still alive, but in failing health.  I have an address
> if anyone wants to send get well cards.  Meanwhile, looking at the WMEX
> schedule and the listing of "Bill Jones"-- I recall his theme was that old
> song "The whole town's talking about the Jones Boy."  Does anybody know who
> he really was?  I know Max Richmond made liberal use of house names, so
> there were many Dan Donovans, but I can't recall who was the person behind
> "the Jones Boy."

In 1985, when WROR did a Rock & Roll Reunion Weekend (The same weekend that WMEX
1150 signed on, I think), Arnie Ginsburg said that they were having a Dan Donovan convention
at Fenway Park.  They were drawing straws, and whoever got the shortest straw would be on as
Dan Donovan that weekend.  The one who appeared said that he was the last Dan Donovan.  He
said that he came up from Rhode Island to see Mr. Richmond about a job.  His audition was to
go on that day as Dan Donovan.  When he was done, he was told that he was now Dan
Donovan, and the guy who had been Dan Donovan was instantly transformed into Johnny Dark
and put on the all-night shift.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
  15 Court Square, Suite 210                      lawyer@attorneyross.com