Re: IBOC

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Richard Chonak wrote:
> Now that you mention IBOC, this is going to make my new-car audio
> decision even harder: first I had Sirius and XM to contend with, and now
> you're adding another system!

And what about those of us who go to Canada on a regular basis?  Will
there be radios that are capable of getting XM/SIRIUS/L-Band/Eureka, so
you'll be able to use them anywhere in the world?  Or is radio going to go
the way of analog TV with its NTSC/PAL/SECAM systems?

I really hope not.

I like the idea that I can take my little pocket radio anywhere in the
world and not have to worry about different transmission standards.

You'd think the world would have settled on one (or two) standards.

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few