Re: Shortwaver broadcaster shot dead

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Cooper Fox wrote:

> He used to purchase time on WBCQ, Monticello, Maine,
> USA when i was working there as a board op.  He was
> usaully a pretty good guy but about once a month there
> would be some issue with his scheduling, etc.  I
> believe he was still on the air up there until the
> time of his death.

OK I remember now, I knew the name sounded familiar. I actually got the
pleasure of talking to the guy once while I was up there and Tom Barna and
Jason, the two people that were running the station, took off and left me
with the controls and the phones for a while, and he called looking for Al
Weiner who was coming up later that day.....and I remember Jason telling
me that it was really cool that I got to talk to him.....and he told me
some crazy stories about the guy.....