WGY (RE: radio in '22)

<Dan Strassberg wrote>

> WBBM was allegedly a
> sequentially assigned call sign (notwithstanding the
> slogans that were made up to "explain" the call sign).
> WBBM would have come quite a while after WZAZ. I don't

I read somewhere that WGY in Schenectady was a sequentially issued call
sign, and didn't stand for
W(G)eneral Electric Schenectad(Y). Which is correct?

--Mike

* REMEMBERING THE MISSING NEW YORK CITY ENGINEERS     *
*       http://necrat.tripod.com/NYCTV.html           *
*          Tower Sites & Engineering!                 *
*           http://necrat.tripod.com                  *