Re: Boston Catholic Television (Was 103.5FM...now 'Memory Lane')

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

> On 5 Nov 2001 at 11:39, Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:
>
> > P.S. Jim, what's a UHF strip?  First time I've heard of those.
>
> In the older TV tuners, each channel had its own tuned circuit.  It
> was possible, in at least some...

Does this apply for modern-day manual-tuned sets?  I have a manual-tuned
set (with the knobs and the turrets for VHF & UHF) that was made in 1987.
I wonder if that sort of thing still applies.  This type of set is still
being manufactured, btw. They haven't completely gone away.

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few