RE: Was 103.5FM...now 'Memory Lane'

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001 Patriotsrule417@prodigy.net wrote:

> sorts of channels at school that we don't get on cable, we have a satelite
> dish and school cable system. We have at least 1 computer in every classroom

At NYU we used to get an awesome cable channel called SCOLA.  It's a sort
of "International Channel" with news from different countries in different
languages.  Kind of what NPR's World Radio Network service does -- but on
TV.

> at my school, 25 new computers in the library and  2 computer rooms with 25
> computers and a lazer printer.. We also have printers in most
classrooms.

Most kids in NYC would give their right eye for a school like that.  Down
here, there's kids going to school in broom closets because the regular
classrooms are so overcrowded.  There's no more play-yards in a lot
buildings because all that space has been taken over by these tin shacks
providing "temporary" clasroom space (some of these things are over 10-20
years old).

Count your blessings, kid.

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few