From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of
hopfgapr@sprynet.com
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 1:03 PM
To: Sven Franklyn Weil
Cc: Dave Faneuf; PAtriotsrule417@prodigy.net;
boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: Was 103.5FM...now 'Memory Lane'

I remember that when I was in HS (1972-75), that we could not bring a
calculator into any math classes, that was cheating....and obiously, there
were no PCs at that time (In fact..I thinks some people called calculators
'computers')

Heck...if it wasn't Live on Ch 2 (WGBH-TV Boston), we didn't watch TV in the
classroom (OH...we did watch the first couple of innings of the 1967 World
Series...back when they still played in DAYLIGHT!)..

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH

Sven Franklyn Weil <sven@gordsven.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Dave Faneuf wrote:

> Boy times have changed,  you've got email at school !!!  When I was in
> High School we barely had computers. (yes I know I have just dated
> myself)

We couldn't afford them when I was in elementary school (ca. 1985).  In
High School, in 1991, we were using Commodore C-64 machines that had been
in service since 1986...

Currently I'm writing this from Pentium III running Windows 2000 at work
telnetting into a 90Mhz Pentium running Linux at home. :P

Go figure.

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
                      the needs of the few