Re: Fybush.com re: core spectrum of TV channels

Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:

>On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Garrett Wollman wrote:
>
>>There is nothing about digital TV which implies size one way or the
>>other.  A picture tube is a picture tube.
>>

>Well...or an LCD panel is an LCD panel.  Although I've read/heard that the
>effect of DTV is lost on anything smaller than a wide-screen 31" or
>something like that size.  Definitely has to be something larger than 13"
>or 19"

Why?   :-)

There are a lot of folks out there who have purchased, and probably will
continue to purchase those little DVD players with small screens. My
laptop weighs 6 pounds with its 14" screen and does a servicable job at
 playing DVDs. In some cases, an even better job than my set-top DVD
player.

Someone could probably design a decent DTV receiver into the same form
factor as a laptop for personal/portable use. Without the hard disk,
keyboard, peripheral ports, and CD/DVD player, the unit could certainly
be lighter than my laptop and should come in at a resonable price
point... and without all of the other junk, the battery life
could/should be decent, as well, for those who wish to take their TVs
camping. :-)

Tony Abruzzese                  e-mail: abruzzese@biochem.bumc.bu.edu
Network Administrator                         Biochemistry Department
              Boston University School of Medicine
Telephone:617.638.5092                               Fax:617.638.5339