Re: "Let's Not Argue over 'oo killed 'oo..."

----- Original Message -----
From: <Chuckigo@att.net>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 11:50 PM
Subject: "Let's Not Argue over 'oo killed 'oo..."

> 1) just because two people don't agree doesn't make YOU
> a bad person.

But in my book, knocking people for their religious beliefs does make you a
bad person.

I ignored Mr. Glavin's first bigoted post.  As you suggest, I thought maybe
he didn't intend his post to read as it did or that maybe I missed some
intended humor.  As it turned out, Mr. Glavin posted again making it clear
that he intended what he wrote and going on to attack another religious
group and everyone of faith.  Questioning religious doctrine is one thing,
but making fun of people because of their religious beliefs, as Mr. Glavin
did in his two posts, IMHO is outside the realm of polite conversation.

> 2) The First Amendment Sucks!  (how's that for
> oxymoronic?)

The First Amendment is just fine.  It allows jerks like Mr. Glavin to spew
their venom, but it also allows people to call them on it.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine