"Let's Not Argue over 'oo killed 'oo..."

so i've been watching this brawl escalate to the point
of head-scratching.
  two things:
1) just because two people don't agree doesn't make YOU
a bad person.

2) The First Amendment Sucks!  (how's that for
oxymoronic?)

  the expression of ideas, agree or disagree, DOES
belong on a radio newsgroup.  can't handle or fathom
that?  then by all means, the DELETE button is right up
there on the browser's toolbar.  THIS is exactly what
broadcasters do.  and those who offend a greater number
of people lately seem to be doing just fine,
thankyouverymuch.  (read that as: TWO commas in the
annual salary.)
    we've all been bloodied or bruised in the past few
weeks.  and to those who have been directly affected, my
sincerest condolences.  to those who've been touched by
degrees of separation, my sympathies as well.
   i've noticed the tone on not just this list, but
others as well, to be somewhat edgy.  as broadcasters,
or broadcast aficionados, we need to keep our perception
in place of what is said or written.  a reminder here to
all:  the written word can not, in any way, regardless
of "emoticon," convey the actual context of a note
herein conveyed.  i may be LMAO while i type something,
but by the time it gets to someone watching Camel's Hump
in Vermont, the "nudge,nudge-wink,wink" can get lost in
the ISP.  The EXACT inferential tone of a message is
EXACTLY what broadcasters can do.  A twist of inflection
here or a tweak there can turn a simple phrase into a
Jack Benny-like blusher.
    and it's been very interesting to read between a lot
of the lines in tonight's postings as well.
interesting.  very (Artie Johnson) interesting.  but NOT
stupid.
   just my $.02.

- -Chuck Igo