RE: Questions

On Sun, 28 Oct 2001 Patriotsrule417@prodigy.net wrote:

> When my team (Gold House) took a field trip to Howe
> Caverns last year, WQBJ
> was really coming in well in the cave
<snip>
> And when we got outside, it was still
> the most powerful, clear station.

Although Cobleskill is not located in the Mohawk
Valley proper, it still sits right in WQBJ's strongest
signal contour, which was originally designed to boom
into Cobleskill.  That whole area (all of Schoharie,
Montgomery, and Fulton counties, and southern Hamilton
County) is plastered with their signal about that
strong.  In fact, at my grandparents house in Tribes
Hill NY (within sight of the tower and about 25 miles
from Cobleskill) it splatters all over the dial, and
believe it or not the tower itself is a bit of a
distance from Cobleskill (top of my head guess is
about 15 miles, maybe more)
                        Matt Osborne
                        Hyde Park, NY