Re: What's WEIM playing?

> First there was an album cut by The Doors.  Then,
> after a "From the
> vaults at WEIM" sweeper came a Joe Jackson song.
> Then a back-announce
> and Jane's Addiction!

While scanning the AM dial last week about 5:30 pm,
I also picked up WEIM (faintly; I was in North
Reading) and it sounded like they were playing
some 80s alternative (sounded like "Peaches" by the
Stranglers).

Alternative on AM? I can remember coming across that a
couple times before. The Dartmouth College station
(WDCR 1340), with alternative rock, reggae, and so on;
and you may remember when WLYN-FM in Lynn had
Rich Anzalone (before the Boston Phoenix bought
them)--
well, they'd simulcast on WLYN (1360) so you could
hear stuff like Mission of Burma's "That's When I
Reach For My Revolver" on AM radio...