Re: Broadcasting Mutual Aid

Dave "Remembers!"
>  I remember Tom Clayton telling me that he covered the fire by putting
> together a series of mic cords and throwing the microphone out of the
> studio window, then running down onto the street and broadcasting until
> the fire knocked the station off the air.

That's resourcefulness. Clayton was quite a voice for many years.  He was
with WLLH for many years. Known to many in Gr. Lowell for "the Question Box"
where he'd interview passers-by on the sidewalk outside of the station.  He
was also a voice on WLLH-FM (99.5 Lowell) during their early automation days
("Beautiful Music.")

Bill O'Neill