From: "Howard Glazer" <hmglaz@webtv.net>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Cc: <joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 2:18 AM
Subject: Re: Propagation 1965--Propagation 1961et al

When did you hear this? WCTF Vernon, CT (1170) has been carrying Family
Radio programming since the mid- to late-1980s. Could that have been
what you heard?

Your story brought back an odd-signal memory for me, on 1170 no less. I
was listening to, and taping, a country music show on WWVA Wheeling back
in the fall of 1991, and during the fades, I would hear a repeating
announcement from the "USA Radio Network" advising its affiliates of its
schedule for coverage of the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearing the
following Monday. It definitely wasn't something running on an
unattended machine at WWVA; I'm 100% sure it was another signal. Anybody
have any idea what that might have been?

Howard